At this time of year, we often take a look back and see how much God has blessed us in the last year. In the last year, I have been on an emotional roller coaster but I’m happy to say that God is faithful and I am 100% happier then I was at this time last year!!!
At the beginning of last year’s holiday season, I was depressed with thinking of facing a holiday season without my Mom. It was the first time I faced the holidays without her. It was horrible, I’ll be the first to admit that, but as everything else…life goes on. Last Thanksgiving, we shared dinner with my Dad, my niece Racheal & her family & my niece Taba stopped by. We had a good day of food and football and playing games. But there was a big gaping hole without my Mom. And while it’s hard…it gets easier…it still hurts badly. Christmas came and went along with New Years. My birthday, Jason’s birthday, Jayden’s birthday all came and went without much ado. Then came April…April Jason & I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary, June we found out I was loosing my job, July my Dad had quadruple bypass surgery & I had shingles, August found me in a job interview in Greenbelt, MD. September found me employed at my dream job making more money then my last job…and the rest is a blur.
But I can say that with 100% certainty, God has blessed me 10 fold from where I was one year ago today. Through out the bad days of this year we never lost anything we feel are “luxuries” and everyone is in good health.
So this year, I’m thankful for the things below (they are in no particular order):
- a comfortable home, my Ford Ranger pick-up truck, the 7 computers in my home
- Kyrah, Anna, Alexia, Alicia, Kiesha, Logan, Corbin & Ethan
- my purse collection, my cell phone, Crocs
- Maggie, DeeDee, Rosary, Kerri, & Heather (and all other long lost friends now found)
- my health, the air I breathe, being healthier
- the many pilots who have carried me all over the country safely, Philips Products closing it’s doors, being Technical Coordinator for NFRC
- Taba, Racheal & Amanda (aka 2, 3, & 4)
- the wonderful food Jason will make for me this Thursday, spending Thanksgiving in Ninevah, IN & hanging out with Susan & George