This question was posed to me from work. I can “justify” how much value I have for work. I understand windows and glass and spacers and can add value to my employer. But what about in my personal life? What value do I add to my friends and family? Do I add value to the lives of those around me? How can I begin to add value to people in my life?
- Helping them – Ephesians 4:29, “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen”
- Loving them – 1 John 3:23, “And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.”
- Serving them – Galatians 5:13, “Life by the Spirit You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.”
- Encouraging them – 2 Corinthians 13:11, “Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.”
- Comforting them – 2 Corinthians 1: 3-4, “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
Are you adding value to anyone in your life today??